How to Enjoy Lake George Camping With Your Kids
Choosing Lake George for your family camping adventure is one of the best choices you can make for a getaway. Lake George features many cabins for rent and family camping resorts throughout the area. In addition to providing great accommodations, there are plenty of activities to do, making it one of the best kid friendly vacations to experience.
If you are one of the 43% of campers who plan their trips at least one month prior, you may be interested to know what kid friendly activities Lake George has to offer. A study done by the Institute of Education at Plymouth University revealed that 95% of parents agreed that their kids appeared happier while on kid friendly vacations, such as camping. To keep your children happy and engaged, here are a few suggestions of things to do during your trip.
- Enjoy the many rivers surrounding the area with some white water rafting.
- Sign the whole family up for parasailing and fly through the air.
- Spark up competition among the family and participate in an obstacle course. There is a kids-only ropes course and other courses available for adults.
- Enjoy the beautiful Adirondack views by walking, hiking, or bike riding up Prospect Mountain. Mount Marcy is also a nice challenge, as it is the highest peak in New York reaching 5,344 feet.
- Play a few rounds of mini golf at our Jellystone Park in the Adirondacks or enjoy as arcades as well.
- Make sure the kids are still learning by taking a public tour of the ecology of Lake George.
- For the kids who love the water, rent a boat, kayak, or play in our Splash Park for some fun in the sun.
Camping is a longtime favorite activity among families across the nation. Why not make the Adirondacks — one of the best kid friendly vacations — part of your family’s annual tradition. With so many activities for everyone in the family, especially the kids, there is no better time than now to book our cabin rentals and get ready to make lasting memories.